ESS Direct is currently recruiting a Financial Analyst / General Accountant for a company located in Barrie.
General Accountant / Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Implement best practices for accounting systems
- Analyze accounting reports - General Ledger Analysis
- Have, or are pursuing, GPA designation
- 5 years + experience in the similar role – Construction experience an asset
- Energetic, forward thinking, tactful and professional
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
If you are interested in this role, please submit a copy of your resume.